Who watches the watchers? Who owns your content?
Sponsor: Try GotoMeeting free for 30 days! For this special offer
Today’s show has a mix of fun and frowns. While there is a good deal to get excited about concerning our digital future there are also storm clouds on the horizon as they’re always are. The recent Amazon Orwellian kerfuffle has bloomed, some would say mushroom clouded into a larger narrative on the subject of ownership and privacy.
There were so many different takes on privacy and security this week that i decided to devote a huge chunk of the show to covering these stories.
The CaffiNation is also very proud to take part in the Summer of Podcasts Contest Head on over and check out the shows rocking the codeword this week. Week Four is Underway!
Enjoy the show and Stay Caffeinated!
- Google Wave Rundown, Invites heading out the door Sept 30th
- Bad Poetry? Hopefully it will get me in
- Amazon kerfuffle in a stark light
- Verizon on your privacy, can you hear us now?
- Tiburon, CA. Will take your picture.
- Nothing to hide? Try Bruce Schneier’s take
- Limited edition data, Care to try Self destructing data.
- If its digital its everlasting
- Gibson’s Agrippa poem
- Medieval battle records now online! Direct link to site (Newspaper failed to link to the site… of course)
- OnStar can shut off your engine, in case its stolen. Potential for abuse? or glitch… yup
- Germany to control your car horn in case of emergency?
- Revamp the three laws? Small problem. No one built them into the robots in the first place.
- Suaron’s Eye to be installed in Hawaii
- Walmart throwing money at environmental footprint database
- LHC pushed back again. 2012 anyone?
- Spark plug break through
- To the moon with Google Earth
- Things your kids may never Know
Food & Caffeinated Bits
- On Tap review of a Coffee cold brewing solution and roasting video / articles
- Sour coffee? wonder how it happened
- Corn syrup or sugar? Can you taste the difference
Thanks and Stay Caffeinated People!