Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Happy Flag Day in the US
Small Aside. treat your flag with respect. here is how in the USA
Sponsor: Try GotoMeeting free for 30 days! For this special offer
What do beer and coffee have to do with each other? Well besides both being categorized as beverages and at times bookending my day, they have come together in a couple of different fun stories for today’s show. They will also show up in a slate of new reviews coming.
But today’s show is much more than coffee beer, we also run through facebook URLs, Microsoft news and GPS blunders. As well as a ton of great odd and yet still geeky stories.We also give a rundown of the DTV transition and some local issues, and the sad state of news media surrounding the change.
Also since you can’t have a show called Beer and Coffee without giving a shout-out to Matthew Ebel, who has an album of the same name We’ll feature a podsafe music track at the end of the show. Its been a while since I had music in the show.
Enjoy the show and Stay Caffeinated!
- CaffiNation Back Channel: All the Cruft, non of the Chaff
- Where else can you find me? www.paulrjmuller.com
The show is rated G but the Links for today might contain a bit of harsh language. Its not that I don’t think you can handle it I just want to be upfront about it.
- Trent Reznor has left the building, and twitter (Harsh Language)
- The one way NIN Twitter Space
- Your GPS is not always right, what ever happened to Measure twice cut once?
- DTV Transition going off pretty well according to FCC
- Small Local Issues, and silly news stories RE: DTV
- German Teenager struck by meteor, does not gain super powers
- iPhone Upgrade Hoopla, here’s your bed. Now lie down
- Microsoft offers to ditch browers in the EU
- Apple should ditch Safari too. but no one will sue them
- Microsoft to develope free antivirus solution!
- Officially Windows 7 will drop October 22
- Navy is getting lasers for their ships, no word on shark training
- Did you get a Facebook URL? Humerous take on the process
- Geek Art, Open Source Embroidery
Food & Caffeinated Bits
Today’s Coffee: French Press Kona
- This would be a huge hit in our house. Mac and Cool Bowl
- Via Twitter: Today show invites Coffee Guest and then acts badly
- Kona Coffee… or is it?
- Topless Coffee house will rebuild after fire
- Ya Mon! Marley Coffee debuts and looks to help Jamaican People
- I’m looking forward to trying this stuff!
- Energy Drinks banned in schools? Education not legislation
- Flying Fish Imperial Espresso Porter
Matthew Ebel: Drive Away, from Beer and Coffee
Thanks and Stay Caffeinated People!
So now you can stop wishing for a meteor to strike in your backyard. Some of us might think of you as superman but apparently that’s as far as it will ever go!
Yes, your favorite holiday, even more favorite than Christmas, was Flag Day. You’ve just always loved flags. Guess it was early Boy Scout influence from your Dad and you’ve always been different.
Loved the story about the DTV transition. Loved the song at the end!
Thanks for the birthday wishes.