Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Start me up and Simmer Down
Sponsor: Try GotoMeeting free for 30 days! For this special offer
So things have been a bit crazier than usual of late. Semester is in full swing and the long weekend meant lots of fun with the family and work on the Lair. I love doing demolition work, give me something and tell me to wreck it and I’m a happy guy. The problem with owning a house is that its also your job to build it back up again. So several projects started and a ton of energy expended. At the end of the day i’m left with a big pile of junk I happily destroyed and a swath of destruction which now begs to be fixed.
But neither here nor there, a thousand pardons for missing the past show but as you hear our weekend i hope you understand. We are gearing up for PodCamp Philly at work and lots of stuff is in motion. At the lair, or whats left of it we have a new resident in the lair itself. Iggy now lives next to the podstation so down here the studio the studio is teaming with life.
Today’s show has some love for beer, tea, coffee, college, specifics, and OS wars. How Much fun can we cram into one show. Why not stop by and see.
Enjoy the show!
- Back Channel: All the Cruft, non of the Chaff
- Where else can you find me? www.paulrjmuller.com
News in brief
- Local boys lead Lego club at library
- Its Called 911, and it works a might bit quicker than Facebook
- College and Linux,
- We support it to a degree, hows about the campus’ near you?
- We’re a ___ House… Please don’t limit yourselves
- My Second greatest geek shame, I can’t touch typ. What are yours?
- Nerds of a feather, Con together
- How to classify your distraction dementia
- Bring the internet to your TV sans PC
- Molded USB drives aren’t rare, but a talented job is
- Snoopy Hub, because I can
- Star Trek Cologne, Smell like the nerd you are
- Monopoly in RL City Streets, thanks Jeff
Food and Caffeinated Bits:
- Guest Recipe. Thanks Norbert Fauxbucks Frap
- Roulette beer Pong
- Tea stick, wisk your way to brewed goodness
- Wasn’t a Frog in Diet Pepsi one of the plagues? Thanks MAS
- Gyroscopic toddler bowl, snub your dog
- Skull Tamp – Professionally Awesome
- Wired Beer Robot DIY Kegerator
- Bad Coffee? How do you deal
Want to contribute? Feel free to send in any recipes, reviews or like minded articles and I’ll gladly post it with a link back to your lair!
Thanks and Stay Caffeinated People!
I to can type pretty fast but need to look at the key board. I use all my fingers but can not touch type to save my life except possibly my name.
I have the individual filter for my keurig that will allow me to brew my own ground coffee. I went to the local mega mart (Alton Brown reference there) and got some bulk espresso roast whole beans. Just enough to brew me a few cups for the fauxbucks frappuccino. I have my own blade grinder and will grid it just before I brew it. I will let you know how that goes.
One more thing. I will be taking my family to San Diego this October and will most likely be hitting LEGO Land, yes The LEGO Land. SO if you have anything you would like me to get photos of there or maybe pick you up something, for Paul Jr of course, let me know.
Totally Cool Tech Podcast