Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s Fun being a Geek
Slowly but surely we are getting things done around here, but ever so slowly. And the due date creeping up on us the tension is getting higher. Still trying to keep a moderate level of continuity in the week by giving you yet another awesome episode to digest.
Tonights show we talk about star wars, the levels of geekdom, sweet cakes, coffee benefits and so many other little pieces of awesome. Stories about raising and entertaining a geek in training.
With no end to the video problem in site I might just give in and call off the video show for right now, Or see if i can approach the video from a different camera angle. If you have ever converted an FLV from Ustream into an actual usable file I’d love to hear it your process. Basically that is m,y problem, i can’t find a way to reliably convert the flv into a manageable format. Ustream has some funky encoding going on.
PODCAST MADNESS Continues!
Listen closely for this weeks Code word… Then Head over to Enter
Sponsor: Hold your meetings online for just $49 a month Try GoToMeeting free.
Sponsor: Godaddy Code pod84 10% off hosting, Blu84 for 10% off ANY order!
Live show! Every Wednesday, 11pm Eastern Daylight Time Live.CaffiNation.com
- Concerning Unicorns, and Lawyers
- Chrome to come with flash
- ASCAP loves to twist the facts, Creative Commons
- I dream in retro too! Awesome Mashup
- Take one Part Mr Men, one part Megaman Villains
- More Retro video game propaganda
- Can’t get more old school than a Stirling engine
- Lightsabre Chart, which is wrong
- Metal Yoda, which is so right it hurts
- Hang you heads in shame, the NYT has geeks figured out, save for one small issue
- unsolvable math! No thank you
- New Standard light labels
- iPhone 4 issues, whining or reality?
- New TLD Red Light district approved
Food and Caffeinated Bits
- Help a coffee lover out, have you seen this brewer?
- Camp coffee, I’m thinking I should share
- Starbucks cozys up to the vegetarians
- Coffee Lollipop?
- More collected anti cancer coffee linkage
- Nice gory Wampa Cave cake anyone?
Many Thanks for listening, Stay Caffeinated!
The CaffiNation is available on the TechPodcast Channel on Boxee, and the Roku!
Phone 215-240-1319 | Twitter @caffination | Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe via | RSS | iTunes | Zune
I might do a post on this, but I think everyone is focusing on the wrong part of the coffee cancer studies. Yes, coffee is loaded with antioxidants. Yes, antioxidants go after the free radicals that overtime can lead to cancer. However, instead of focusing on maximizing antioxidant intake, how about trying to reduce the production of free radicals? How do you do that? Eat a low-carb diet and avoid steady state low intensity cardio.
My guess is coffee is helping to repair the damage of a modern lifestyle, which is fine, but repairing the modern lifestyle seems like a better strategy for reducing cancer. IOW, get off the treadmill and put down the bagel. Lift something heavy, sprint occasionally and eat bacon!
the way most articles are written they focus much more on the coffee aspect than the real reason behind it. i’d love to see your take on it