How do you tell someone bad news? It’s called a sandwich, and not PB and J. Give someone something Nice, tell them the bad news and follow it with another nice section. So we have a seriously cute picture of my wonderful podcaster daughter on the left. Obviously Rocking the Mic is a family tradition. I have a very similar picture of my son from his younger days.
I tried to do a show last week but it just didn’t work. it didn’t feel right to be happy, joking on a podcast when other things were weighing heavily on me. Tonight’s show is dedicated to a young life lost. Shane will be missed, and remembered for the wonderful person for who he was. Our thoughts are with his family. I wasn’t sure how to bridge from that segment, and announcement to fun and lighthearted content. And honestly there isn’t any way.
But Tonight’s show is going to be a fun one. I’ve taken all the news I would normally talk about and pulled out only the best stories from the past two weeks. Hopefully it will go as smooth as I planned. But honestly, does anything really every go that well around here?
- Egypt Internet warnings
- Gawker Redesign Kerfuffle
- An inglorious anniversary Digital Vandalism, The Virii turns 25
- A Lego Antikythera Mechanism. Via Jeffery
- Zombie, Robot, Alien Venn Diagram Fun
- Want to have a short circuit? How about Dominoes that work, but don’t touch?
- Like Racquetball? Hate convention and right angles? Try 360ball.
- Image spam for scorned love?
- What is Internet? Funny clip. but NBC throws DCMA down
- PacMan Turntable?
- Everything is a Remix
- Superbowl Remix, Humans beat Animals almost by a 2 – 1 margin. Geekery and Sports
- Have iPhone? Get Saved
Food and Caffeinated Bits:
- Coffee Sack, Bean Bag Chair
- Build a better Aluminium Can
- grow Up, oddball off the wall coffee cup growing coaster… thing
- Better living through the bean. Caffeine Gene therapy, Thanks chris!
- Botulism, and cultural shifts
- Throw down the right way, Adventure. Bring it
- Valentines day is on its way. Bacon Rose for your thoughts?
Many Thanks for listening,