This episode is all about awareness. Specifically, mental health awareness, and we have a long way to go to overcome a lot of the issues people have discussing it. Fear not, however, the whole episode isn’t heavy and dark. We have our usual fare of nonsense because “a little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men” ~ Roald Dahl. And what is life without a bit of fun? But in reality after restarting the show I am back facing a lot of the same issues as before, but I now have a toolkit for dealing with them. I share some of my tools with you to help people in your life who may be suffering.
The biggest issue I still have trouble with is the secrecy surrounding mental illness. I didn’t know what I was feeling was wrong. It helps when people share their story, and I share a bit of mine in this episode. Since there are so many different types of mental illness and ways in which they can present themselves, sometimes hearing something similar to what you are experiencing helps put the last piece into the puzzle.
But the Nonsense is beautiful. From time to time here we like to cover heavier topics and we try to find a way to make current relevant topics more interesting. But we will always revert to the mean, a mean sense of humor and a series of bad puns. Hopefully, you will join us on this journey.
- Geek Life
- Fitness Tracking fun
- Facebook looking to start letting groups charge,
- h/t Chris Penn if you don’t subscribe to his newsletter you are just not getting the best information
- Barbie is going into Robotics! Robotics Engineer Barbie is available today in four skin tones. Representation matters
- Steam’s Summer sale is going on!
- Steam is allowing publishers to share betas via their service
- A predator riding a Xenomorph motorcycle?
- Why not a Xenomorph Gargoyle
- Predator is getting an upgrade
- A Pen multitool,
- Rob Kramer and Anthony Bourdain, melting meteors into knives
- Getting Personal
- Mental Health Awareness quick videos about some common issues people have and what the terms really mean
- NotOK app: Know someone who is suffering? Help them set up this app, it’s a lifeline for anyone who needs it.
- International Suicide hotline list
- Or look at these helpful tools from Mental Health America
Food and Caffeinated Bits:
- French Press Review
- Does coffee cause anxiety? The answer isn’t simple, but we break it down.
- A Sparerib Crown fit for a king
- Disneyland Pixar Pier treat Roundup
- Brutalism meets espresso
- Robot Burger Chef?
- Gin, a curious thing
- Why not… a Dinosaur foot trashcan
Thanks for Listening & Stay Caffeinated!
“High Octane Caffeine Culture & Technology News”
Subscribe via | RSS |