Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Apologies for last show.
Technical difficulties won’t trouble this episode, we hope
Sponsor: Try GotoMeeting free for 30 days! For this special offer
So apologies are in order if you listened to the last show you know by now that we had some minor to major issues with the audio skipping pretty much throughout the episode. I’ll explain what happened and why so you don’t fall into the same trap I did. But all that Aside we’re gearing up for Podcamp Philly and I’ll have some fun downloads in the coming week for you to see before people at the event do. I’m making some surprises that I hope will go over well.
This show has lots of lego love, a great web-comic i just re discovered and a ton of Coffee Geekery to go around. We discuss the seriousness of Net Neutrality, the lighthearted Robot Foozeball, the heretical nature of the Beatles and the sacrosanct nature of good coffee in Seattle. Its a tall order for a short format show, but I think we covered good ground.
The push for Podcamp Philly is on. We’re really excited to bring the event to Temple University on October 3rd and 4th. Hopefully I’ll see you there! Are you wondering why you should go to a Podcamp?
Enjoy the show!
- Back Channel: All the Cruft, non of the Chaff
- Where else can you find me? www.paulrjmuller.com
News in brief
- The Beatles ‘bigger than Jesus’ on Google
- Font Nerd Alert Arial versus Helvetica
- Police Play Wii Bowling During Drug Raid
- Nerd Merit Badges
- Finally Cell Phone Companies listen, a simple phone
- Nintendo Remembers how to print money and drops the price of the Wii
- Podcamp Philly October 3rd and 4th @ Temple University
- Net Neutrality, what it does and does not mean
- MaruBot Table Soccer Uses RC Robots to replace iconic table soccer players
- Bell Alarm Clock, this is the type of alert i neeed in the AM
- James MayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Lego House has been demolished, Destruction
- LEGO cello actually works, Creation
- Buddhist Leader Says fraging is brings one closer to the gateless gate
- Microsoft’s Courier Tablet
Food and Caffeinated Bits:
- New Coffee Project Research Below, Glimpse Here
- Girl Genius knows how to do coffee up right, I have friend who are good with tools
- OTTO Stove Top Espresso Coffee Maker, beautiful design
- Coffee-and-mad-science party video, Neat but a bit off on the coffee part
- Certain Coffee Curmudgeon Makes news with his Roast Declaration
- My Goodness Happy 250th birthday Guinness
- WMF1 Coffee Pad Machine, neat but fails the usability test
Want to contribute?
Feel free to send in any recipes, reviews or like minded articles and I’ll gladly post it with a link back to your lair!
Thanks and Stay Caffeinated People!
Yeah, I’ve been roasting this entire summer for other people. Recently, I returned to roasting espresso for myself. Looks like the Seattle Times won’t let this story drop. They just posted another one today.
Coffeehouse customers steamed about higher prices