Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s not the number it’s the people
So here we are, 400 episodes later, and 4 years after I started doing this show twice a week. I was trying to plan something for the show but it was not meant to be. I still enjoy doing the show, and more than that I enjoy the interaction with the people who stop by and hopefully enjoy the show. I enjoin you to be with us going forward for 401 and beyond. Tonight’s show isn’t really anything but a big round number, and a bit of the standard awesome that the Caffination has come to represent. Hopefully you feel the same way that I do about the show.
All of that being said we have a wonderful show tonight going from Nuclear posters to simple calendar hacks. Geek beach balls, bad puns and even worse attempts at jokes in general. In short this is just like every other episode of the show but with different bits of awesome crammed into the nooks and crannies.
CaffiNation Live on Wednesday Nights at 11pm Eastern
Sponsor: GotoMeeting Hold your meetings online for just $49/mo.
Try GoToMeeting FREE for 30 days
- CaffiNation Stats!
- Charity has pitfalls, Wyclef’s Charity Suspect
- Wyclef responds. the lesson… do your research
- Boston Arcology? Sim City Coming to life?
- Nothing canstop D and D geeks from frolicking with a D20 beach ball
- Except a failed roll for initiative or a lack of sunscreen
- Eternia lives on He-Man Art Show?
- Printable Nuclear Reactor wall charts
- Soft Maps, a quilted bit of cartography, awesome
- Calendar and a ruler all in one. No need to buy this one
- Re-pot a flower or plant easily
- How do bugs get into your code?
- Google attacked by China, changes course
- Chinese citizens preemptively mourn the loss of a service
- Social Media Counter
Food and Caffeinated Bits:
- Food in tubes? But i LIKE to cook. Iron Chef Sundays
- Expensive cup of coffee, 90 Dollars for a taste, Thanks MAS
- Caffeine Coffee vs Drinks. Poster Battle Royale, Thanks MAS
- Cold Drip Coffee Snob Coffee machine
- Steampunk CoffeeMaker. NewsBrews, palatable news piping hot
Thanks and Stay Caffeinated People!
Stay in Touch: Phone 215-240-1319 | Twitter @caffination | Facebook Fan Page
The post Google, China and Reality helped me understand this story a lot better.
I understand that piece and its a great view on the business behind it. No one expects people to play by the rules, but everyone has to have a good story to cover it. The motto of this whole thing should be it’s just business.
This speech kind of helped me understand how the Chinese see a good number of the restrictions and the attitude of the people in the west. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30z4ctOAZ2M unfortunatly its not the whole thing… can’t seem to find that
great episode. $90 in one day for coffee is pretty extravagant but would be fun! New Brews is funny and a really inventive way for The Real Ben Brown to draw attention to his site. Fun stuff thanks for the coffee news! 4 years running, I can only imagine what it feels like. I am at a little over year and it feels like just yesterday I recorded my first video. Keep up the excellent work.
Many Thanks Jason! Its hard at this point to remember a Wednesday night or a Sunday where i wasn’t looking towards a night in the lair working on an episode. I love the delivery you have in the videos very natural and smooth! You’re doing mighty fine work on your own!
Thanks Paul. Do you ever have guests on your show? I am a new listener and I haven’t had a chance to go back and check every episode. There just a few to go through. ;)
Very rarely do i have interviews or guests. I’ve had 2 people on the show, Mike Rohde (Coffee SketchNote Calendar) and Chris Parandian (FCC Spectrum auction) as ad hoc interviews. I’ve had my parents on as guest hosts for Mother’s and Father’s days respectively but other than that no not really. And one “live” coffee tasting at a local pub with my good friend dave. So 5 guests on 400+ episodes isn’t too high of a percentage.
In the future I’d love to work on upping that percentage but i need to get better at scheduling and planning ahead for that to really work.