Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Where is my Thundersnow?
Beware the wrath of the Snowpocalypse is upon us once more. For the Full on Snow Rant venture to Travelers Mug. Its been a good winter for the white stuff so far, we can only hope it continues, hey i have a young kid, we love the snow in our house!
As said on the last show I was going to be featuring people for the rest of the month who enriched my Digital Life these past 5 years. Today’s people you need to pay attention to are Whitney Hoffman, and Norbert Davis. Both are awesome in ways you can’t even imagine. Listen in the find out exactly how awesome.
Tonight’s show is a wrap of stuff that caught my eye from CES, a run down of stuff you have already heard about, and tons of awesome bits that slipped through the cracks. We have funny comments, witty one liners and other jokes. Non by me, so you’re all safe. Lego, Dino and Roomba Oh My!
CaffiNation Birthday Giveaway Details! Read, email or comment and win!
- The Pleo is back, more expensive, but better?
- Southpark, as D and D alignments…
- Soap Flakes? yes please
- Sweet distraction. Cue the Musical Cactus
- Roomba Pac Man. Strains of Frogger! Next Gauntlet?
- For Jimmy and Bob, Lego iPhone Cases
- Sweet fancy Moses. Geocaching that makes sense!
- Cyberdyne created HAL? Not what you think
- Angry Analog Birds. Build em up and Knock Em DOWN
- How young kids see old tech
- Video Game Evolution, fascinating infographic
- And you know i love me some inforgraphics
- Facebook overload? Yeah I think its getting there
Food and Caffeinated Bits:
- National Coffee Break January 20th
- Stunning Pixelcraft Coffee Beverage Chart
- A bit old but Starbucks Unveils the New Logo, a fresh perspective
- Starbucks goes back to Starbucks, Via MAS
- We have a standing moratorium on new mugs, But how do you deal with overflow?
- MMMMM cookie spoon. Soon, the matrix will be right, there is no spoon
Many Thanks for listening,
Phone 215-240-1319 | Twitter @caffination | Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe via | RSS | iTunes | Zune
Regarding video game evolution, I think that chart has a huge error. The Atari 2600 did not cost anywhere near $896 – even adjusted for inflation. That was my last home video game system. :)
I wonder what they are using to adjust for inflation? According to most sources it sold for 199… From http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi That would be somewhere around 700 dollars today. So roughly on par with a Playstation 3 at Launch. I guess things haven’t changed all that much.
Mug overflow? I threw out almost all my mugs, but if I could go back in time I would take photos of the mug and then give it away. A digital coffee mug collection requires zero packing on moving day. :)
I’m tempted to throw out a good portion of the mugs, but I have a real hard time throwing anything away like that. I’d rather just not buy any for a while :)
Regarding the woman who called you for support on an item she needed help with and you don’t sell: my small room heater isn’t oscillating – can you replace it?
Regarding the musical cactus – I loved the comments on that site (my cactus isn’t in tune – very funny). Speaking as someone who has loved cacti since she was a pre-teen (no age comments please son) – this was also an extra enjoyable news item. Pardon me while I go check out my flora and fauna.
Can’t believe you actually had something negative to say about facebook! Does that mean you’re coming over to the dark side?
Yes, you come from a long line of PA Dutch dunkers! (big laugh – loved this episode)!