Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On tonight’s episode, we have a bevy of new and exciting news to pass along to you. Old news and new, fossil records giving up new secrets and asking new questions. We find out a bit more about where we came from, and why we are still here. Not to get all philosophical on anyone but the question of why us is one of the more enticing questions in all of human paleontology. Why not take a stab at it, and for once the answer isn’t coffee… OR IS IT? You’ll have to listen in to find out. We go forward several million years to modern gaming culture and run down a list of stories about the game de jour Fortnite as well as the lengths some people will go to get and stay good at it.
We touch upon products both fascinating and gross, where will you land on the great pickle debate of 2018? Sit tight as we Ramble on through a long litany of science and Technology related articles, stories and news,
If you would like to support the show, consider clicking on our Amazon link for your shopping fix!
- Geek Life:
- Life on the Road
- Happy birthday NASA! 60 looks good on you.
- Double impact on the moon captured on camera
- Pushing the fossil horizon a rock at a time. Earliest examples of bone confirmed in the fossil record
- Modern humans out-competed 7 other Homo variants. Scientists have new evidence of how this happened.
- Chilean rock llamas might hold clues to our past cultural ways, and hold more clues about ancient astronomy.
- Polar stars change, a thing I did not know, but now you do too
- Siberian worms are tough, 30,000 years tough
- Nematodes are hungry, we better be careful.
- Hows about a coach for your kids? Original article
- If you have time to kill you can watch Super Smash Brothers characters do a basic Fortnite dance
- First, we had basketballs, then there were lightning bolts, now there are clay pigeons… what is next?
- Finally, Fortnite coming to Android… in a bit
Food and Caffeinated Bits:
- What else am I missing? Chicory and Pinon nuts in coffee? Any local flavors I should know about?
- Two dishes in one bread-bowl? What madness is this?
- Black tea body scrubs… cruelty-free, unless you’re a tea leaf
- A smoothie maker with no blades?
- I may need a bucket and a moment to myself. Mayo Ice Cream
- Clear… Banana… Milk…
- I have never had a Kool-Aide Pickle, but they are now available in packet form.
- I have had a Pickle on a stick though, and they are awesome
- Coffee sunglasses
- As always… Death before Decaf
- 3D printed guns… Unpopular opinions abound. How do we deal with what is already out there
Thanks for Listening & Stay Caffeinated!
“High Octane Caffeine Culture & Technology News”
Phone: 215-240-1319 | Twitter @caffination | Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe via | RSS |
Homo sapiens went into the harsher environments, and possibly expanded into the territories of these other hominids and killed them. Manifest Destiny!
Chickory/Endive is a common weed that grows everywhere around the neighborhood, so you can go out and brew it in your coffee easily enough. All parts are edible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicory
According to the research, they were already occupying the territories of the other hominids, they seemed to be able to out-compete them based on a wider availability of suitable habitats. Either way fascinating stuff!